Thursday 16 March 2017

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream and Chocolate Bark!


So I've never really found a chocolate cake that I truly like and this recipe has the perfect chocolate cupcake! I came up with the idea a while back when I was eating mint matchmakers but I just got around to making them about a week ago.

Ingredients

Chocolate Cupcakes
  • 4tbsp Boiling Water
  • 1 1/2 oz Cocoa Powder
  • 3 Eggs 
  • 6 1/2 oz Unsalted Butter, room temp
  • 6 oz Golden Caster Sugar
  • 4 1/2 oz Self-Raising Flour, sifted
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder

Mint Buttercream
  • 12 Ounces (340g) Unsalted Butter, room temp
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
  • 11 Ounces(320g) Icing Sugar, sifted
  • 3-4 drops of green food colouring (optional)


Chocolate Bark

  • 3 1/2 oz Plain Chocolate, melted
  • Handful of Marshmallows (optional)
  • White Chocolate Chips (optional)


Optional
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Chocolate Sprinkles
  • Mini Matchmakers

Method

Chocolate Bark
  1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of hot water.
  2. When melted add the melted chocolate to a lined oven tray.
  3. decorate however you want to and place in the freezer.
  4. I left mine in the freezer until the cupcakes were done and I took the bark and snapped it and then I put it back in the freezer.
Chocolate Cupcakes
  1. Line a muffin tin with paper cases and preheat the oven to  200c (180 fan, Gas mark 6) 
  2. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl and add the boiling water and mix into a thick paste. 
  3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix (it doesn't matter what you use to mix, I used a wooden spoon instead of an electric whisk)
  4. Divide the mixture evenly into the paper cases (I use an ice cream scoop half full) bake for 12-15 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
Peppermint Buttercream
  1. Beat the butter and icing sugar together.
  2. Add the peppermint flavouring and the food colouring (optional)
  3. I used a piping bag and a nozzle to pipe the icing on but you don't have to.


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment