Thursday 23 February 2017

A Letter To My Nieces




I do not have children but I have two nieces and one nephew, and I love them to the moon and back and they will always be a part of my heart.

You know it's pretty amazing to watch them use their imagination and the infinite possibilities that they have that doesn't hold them back. My nieces are three and five (well the eldest is almost six) when I speak to them or play games with them or even watching TV I see their eyes looking at everything with enthusiasm and imagination. Their lives are filled with so much passion, opportunity and happiness.

Sometimes I wonder when do we grow up and rationalise what is right and sensible, when do we start to ask questions? At what time do we grow up and stop the excitement?

I constantly think about my nieces and what they are capable of, police officer? Astronaut? Or scientist? Whatever they do I will be proud.

I want them to know that I am that over the top Aunty who would totally want to be 'twinning' with the same outfits or that I even constantly talk about them and how proud I am.

Kyla and Chloe,

You two are mini-superheroes in the making, you are so powerful. You are capable of greatness, you have control of your future. Your life is made out of the choices you make. Whether right or wrong, I will support you through them.

Be Bold. Be Strong. Be Fierce. Know who you are. Be yourself.

Live your life for you and not for anyone else. This doesn't make you selfish. We love you, family is not perfect but never forget that we love you.

Dream big. Never let anyone tell you that your dreams are unreachable (unless you want to land on the sun, that is unfortunately at the moment unreachable) Don't let anyone tell you that your dreams are ridiculous. Always be excited for what you do, even a small achievement, be excited and be proud. Celebrate all the achievements you do.

Frustration, anger and sadness are as valid as happiness, laughter and appreciation. Letting your emotions show, you can still be powerful and strong.

Trust yourself, you know yourself better than anyone else. Listen to yourself.

Listen to your fears, but don't be reckless. Life is too short and can be taken at any moment. Respect your fears, this is how you discover yourself.

You are important, don't let anyone tell you that you deserve anything less.

You are loved and safe.

Don't fake perfection, no one is perfect people will like you just the way you are.

You have been loved and given everything to live your life, get out there, give everything 100% and even if you fail, get back to it and start again. Don't hold yourself back.

You girls are leaders, strong and talented.

You girls are my superheroes. You girls make me smile. Make me a better person.

From someone who admires you two.
Aunty Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment